Terms and Conditions for the hire of Daisy – WX09 AOS – VW T2 Kombi People Carrier
Definitions of Terms and Conditions:
• Daisy is not an original 70’s classic having been built in 2009 she does have a reliable and modern water cooled engine, but the rest of her is very much the same as the original.
• These vw campervans do not have all mod cons but have all the basic needs and they are safe and reliable.
• If you have made a preliminary booking this will be cancelled in 7 days if a deposit is not received.
• The standard inclusive insurance covers drivers aged between 25 and 75 years. 23 to 25 can be insured for an extra premium. .
• A valid driver’s licence must be presented by all drivers at the start of the hire period.
• Drivers must also provide two further separate forms of identification (e.g. utility bill or bank statement or for overseas hirers just a passport).
• Insurance cover may require a surcharge if you have Traffic convictions, a non UK driving licence or an occupation that is deemed to be high risk. Also certain disability attract a surcharge.
• There is standard excess charge of £500 (£600 for 23 & 24 year olds). This means that the hirer will be liable to pay the first £500 or £600 of any claim for damage to either the vehicle or third party property. The hirer will also be liable for replacement or repair of windscreen and tyre damage.
• We do not operate a Collision Damage Waiver option.
• There is a refundable security deposit of £500. This must be paid to cover the possibility of negligent damage to the vehicle or the fixtures and fittings therein or equipment included in the rental. This deposit is payable by cash cleared cheque or bank transfer. This deposit is fully refundable upon return of the vehicle as stated in the rental agreement, with the interior clean (including all cooking appliances) and a full tank of unleaded petrol.
• Travel in Europe & Northern Ireland is not permitted.
• A ‘non-refundable’ deposit of £150.00 (or the complete hire fee if less than £150) is payable to confirm a booking. A booking is not confirmed until funds have cleared into our bank account or cash has been received. The balance of any rental payment is due before you leave in the camper (all cheques must be cleared).
• The Deposit is non returnable. Cancellations received less than 7 days before the rental start date will incur fees of 100% of total hire charge.
The vehicle must be returned on or before the date and time specified on the rental agreement. The vehicle must be returned clean and in the same condition as it was when collected. A charge of £50.00 will be made for cleaning should this not be the case.
N.B. Late returns
If you are late please advise us immediately by calling or texting 07866442211. Failure to advise us may result in prosecution for driving uninsured. You may also be delaying the start of someone else’s holiday! A charge equivalent to one day’s rental will be payable for all late returns.