From surfing to sightseeing, from camping to corporate, from weddings to weekends away - Daisy is equipped for every adventure imaginable.
Daisy is a classically designed 2 berth VW Kombi, brand new and shiny, with the option of loads of inside space, or stuffed to the brim with camping supplies, or even something in-between. Flexibly designed, you can choose what, if anything is inside your Daisy.
The only fixed options include the double bed that pulls out from the rock and roll bench seat at the rear, and the Daisy 'mini bar', comprising Champagne and Maltesers, the essential on-board emergency kit!
The new VW T2 Kombi Vans are manufactured by VW in Brazil, and modified in the UK.
Daisy has been modified to include: under-seal, conversion from left hand drive to right hand drive, front and rear window heaters, and is water cooled.
Internally Daisy has been set up as a 5 seater people carrier, all with seat belts, 2 in the front, and a 3 seater in the rear, (also known as a 'rock and roll' bed, as the 3 seater pulls out very easily to a large and comfy double bed. How rock and roll is that!)
Baby seat provision is the responsibility of the hirer, and it must be noted that the seat belts on the rear seats are 'lap' belts, and do not go diagonally across the body. We urge you to satisfy yourself that Daisy is 'baby friendly' and safe before committing to a weekend away in her.
Between the front 2 driver and passenger seats, and the rear bench seat is a large empty cavity. Daisy has not been modified to include a sink, cooking facilities or portaloo to encourage maximum flexibility of her use. Such as holding sport equipment and surf boards, dogs and children, or promotional literature for corporate use.
However a 'camping kit' incorporating a camping stove, with gas, folding picnic table and 2 chairs, cooler bag complete with frozen ice blocks, full set of kitchen supplies such as cooking utensils, plates, cutlery, chopping boards, washing up bowl, and corkscrew with the option of an electric mini oven is available as an optional extra.
The flooring is lined with a rubber covering for maximum durability, with a brand new chunky shag pile rug the seats/bed are upholstered with faux leather for durability, new curtains and a fitted radio with iPod connection complete the interior.
As all VeeDub fans will know, the originals are beautiful, but basic, and the updated T2s are no different. Ratchet dash board hand brake, tall 4 gear, gear stick, split side windows and a steering wheel to match any bus. Daisy won't drive you. You have to drive her. She purrs, and winks at every other VW camper she meets on the road, and you will be expected to flash your lights or wave to her fellow VW mates along your route.
- Runs on 95 unleaded and is extremely economical
- Water cooled engine just purrs
- Right hand drive, 4 gears and so easy to drive
- On board radio with iPod connection
- Fitted electrics with power points for instant electricity via a hook up or optional generator (for real freestyle camping)
- Set up internally as a 5 seater people carrier with large cavity for sports equipment, pets, boxes, storage or promotional merchandise
- 3 Seater bench seat pulls out to large double bed ideal for event staff requiring a camping option.
- Padlock and key on the Kitchen Kit Drawer Unit, for a little more security
- Heated front and rear windows
- Curtains and all weather heat/cold window shields.
- Portable camping kit with cooking facilities
- Bike rack for 2 bikes and other accessories - such as the folding picnic table and chairs - are optional extras: you just have to ask.
- Can be driven by almost any named and insured driver (over 25's and under 70 please) with up to 6 'speeding' points - terms apply.